Male Pattern Baldness in Boston, MA
Are you one of the approximately 40 million men who experience baldness throughout the United States? Hair restoration remedies are improving, thanks to medical advancements – no need to waste time, money, and hope on treatments that don’t work! Neem Medical Spa, located in Winchester and Somerville, offers a broad range of effective hair restoration treatments for men in the Greater Boston area. The treatments performed by board-certified, internal medicine physician Dr. Rosy Sandhu, will help you achieve natural looking, long-lasting results.
WHAT IS MALE PATTERN BALDNESS?
Male pattern baldness, known in the medical world as androgenic alopecia, describes male hair loss that can be seen as:
- A recessed hairline
- Hair loss at the crown of the head
- Thinning of hair on the top of the head.
Men who suffer from male pattern baldness may be genetically predisposed to developing a sensitivity to male hormones across the scalp.
ARE THERE OTHER TYPES OF BALDNESS?
Many associate male pattern baldness with hereditary issues, but hair loss can be caused by a number of issues, such as:
- Chronic illnesses
- Certain medications
- Grooming habits
- Nervous responses
Baldness may be permanent, or just temporary. If you suffer temporary baldness or hair thinning, hair may begin to regrow on its own. If baldness is permanent, consulting a hair restoration specialist is advisable – a physician will make a recommendation as to the appropriate course of treatment that will provide the fullness you desire.
WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS?
Today’s hair restoration treatments deliver more reliable, natural-looking results than older treatment methods, helping men restore hair’s natural growth cycle in the crown and hairline. Older hair restoration procedures such as hair transplants, tissue expansion, hair flaps, and scalp reduction have gone by the wayside in favor of newer procedures that boast lower risk, deliver more natural-looking results, give patients a higher level of satisfaction, and come with a lower cost.
ARE THERE OTHER SOLUTIONS FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS?
Nonsurgical treatments for male hair loss exist in the form of medication. The development of hair loss medications is a leading sector in the pharmaceutical industry, though they are not effective at targeting hair loss in specific areas and deliver only short-term results. These medications include Propecia® and Rogaine®, which are generally only temporary solutions because of the short-term results produced, along with many negative side effects that result from long-term use.
HOW IS MALE PATTERN BALDNESS CLASSIFIED?
Male pattern baldness is typically graded using the Standardized Norwood Male Pattern Baldness Classification Test. The hair restoration specialists of Neem Medical Spa use this method to diagnose the grade of hair loss prior to determining an effective course of treatment. The seven grades of hair loss are as follows:
- Type I – Hair is receding symmetrically and minimally.
- Type II – Hair is receding asymmetrically at the hairline, coupled with some hair loss at the temples.
- Type III – The border of the anterior hairline at the peak of the forehead is greatly recessed. This type of pattern baldness includes the subcategory of Type III Vertex, noting sparseness or thinness of the hair on the crown.
- Type IV – Baldness has advanced on the crown and the hairline’s anterior border. A healthy section of hair may still grow alone a single side or both sides of the man’s scalp.
- Type V – Hair loss at the temples is severe, as well as around the anterior hairline and scalp. Sparse areas of healthy hair may grow along the hairline or crown.
- Type VI – Severe hair loss extends past the superior scalp’s frontal zone. A small section of hair exists between areas of sparse hair on the crown and temples.
- Type VII – A slim area of hair shaped as a horseshoe exists along the nape of the neck and the scalp’s posterior area.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
Schedule a consultation with Neem Medical Spa’s hair restoration specialist today. Your level of hair loss and other factors, including your cosmetic goals, will be evaluated in order to determine which treatment is most appropriate for you. Your medical history is reviewed and the scalp is examined. If hair loss treatment is found to be an option for you, the hair restoration specialist will describe the procedure and inform you of the results you can expect.
WHAT IS THE COST OF HAIR RESTORATION FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS IN BOSTON?
The cost of hair restoration for male pattern baldness depends on several factors, including the extent of hair loss. During your initial consultation, you will be provided with a summary of the costs associated with your procedure. We offer convenient payment options that include cash, personal checks, and major credit cards. We offer financing and payment plans to assist you in paying for your hair restoration procedure.
Schedule your consultation with Neem Medical Spa’s hair restoration specialist today to see if a hair restoration procedure is right for you. We are located in Somerville and Winchester, and serve men throughout the Greater Boston area.