Weight Loss Consultation in Boston, MA
Your weight loss journey begins with taking the first steps. If you live in Somerville (617-415-9836), Winchester (718-298-3287) or the Greater Boston area, call us to schedule your consultation. The weight loss consultation includes a comprehensive medical and lifestyle evaluation.
In-Depth Medical Evaluation:
An in-depth medical evaluation is performed before a customized medically monitored weight loss program is created for you. Our Medical Director, Dr. Sandhu, along with our expert staff, will perform the following:
- A review of your overall health history
- A review of your medications and supplements to determine if they are preventing you from losing weight
- A comprehensive blood test to check for insulin resistance, thyroid function, and any hormonal imbalances
- A brief physical exam to check your overall health
Using this information, Dr. Sandhu will design a customized program that will help you safely and effectively lose weight, and most importantly, keep off the extra pounds.
Body Composition Analysis:
A body mass index, or BMI, reading is one way to determine whether or not a person is overweight. However, it is not the only factor used in deciding if a person should begin our program. Your BMI is calculated using your weight and height. Dr. Sandhu will analyze various factors, including your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your body’s composition of water, muscle, and fat to accurately predict the minimum amount of weight you will be able to safely lose.
Our state-of-the-art Tanita Body Composition Scale is one of the many tools we use to customize your program. Using BIA technology, or Bioelectric Impedance Analysis, the scale will give you an exact measurement of:
- BMI – Body Mass Index (weight in kg/Height in m2)
- BMR – Basal Metabolic Rate (the total energy expended by the body to maintain normal functions)
- FAT PERCENTAGE – Percent of body weight that is adipose tissue
- FFM – Fat-Free Mass
- TBW – Total Body Water (50%-70% of total body weight)
- FAT MASS
- DESIRABLE RANGE – Healthy range for Fat % and Fat Mass
If you would like to schedule a weight loss consultation at either our Somerville or Winchester location, please contact board certified Weight Loss Doctor, Rosy Sandhu, MD, at Neem Medical Spa today!